Christmas wreath making & candle table decoration
Make your very own traditional Christmas wreath and candle table decoration from fresh seasonal foliage. With practical guidance through every step, your creative festive spirit can be engaged to bring alive two unique designs.
No previous knowledge of floristry is required to enjoy this course, just a love of nature, including holly! All materials will be provided on the day, but please wear practical clothes and/or bring an apron, and your garden secateurs if you have them.
Click on Karen Walsh's name above to see more about the tutor.
- Introduction ... the originas and symbolism of the Christmas wreath. A brief historical insight into why we make wreaths at Christmas time.
- Wreath foundation - how to make a traditional base on a wire frame by securing natural moss, starting with a practical demonstration, followed by hands on help to make your own.
- Wreath greening up - a huge selection of freshley gathered natural, locally sourced evergreens including holly, pine, box, cedar etc. will be ready to snip to size and build up the shape of your wreath with a range of textures.
- Wreath finishing touches - berries, baubles and bows to compete your wreath with advice on balance, proportion and colours.
- Table decoration. After a break for lunch in the farmhouse, there will be the opportunity to create your own seasonal table decoration featuring a candle. Once again, after an easy to follow guide, you will be encouraged to experiment with aspects of design.
- You will finish your day with two distinctive festive arrangements.
COMMENTS FROM PAST PARTICIPANTS
Great. Very pleased. Perhaps 10am start? [Yes, definitely. You needed more time.]
Brilliant – got lots of inspiration – fantastic amount of materials for price. Teresa P.
Second visit – so pleased I came again and what a special day to spend with my Mum! Christmas has started!! Thanks again to Anne and her husband for their excellent hospitality. As for Karen’s tuition – you would never guess it was her first time. Fantastic day. Thanks you lots, Debbie.
Wonderful in every way. Thank you so much. I’ll be back! Valerie L.
Karen’s a natural teacher. She communicated her enthusiasm wonderfully. The course was highly informative and enjoyable. I’m delighted with what I’ve produced. Perhaps prepare some of the materials for the demonstration in advance to speed things up! Helena
Excellent day – going home with two lovely decorations for Christmas and great memories of a most enjoyable day. Feeling very festive now! Jill K.
A lovely relaxing day, focussing only on how to cut and arrange foliage and make pleasing Christmas wreaths and table decorations. No time to think of anything else! Karen's explanations were clear and I shall use the skills and tricks of the trade learned today in the future.
What to Bring
Secateurs (please borrow if you don't have them)
Small pair of sharp scissors for cutting ribbon
Small pair of wire-cutting pliers
Warm clothing and footwear.
Materials (at least £10 worth) are included in the fees.